Sunday, July 22, 2012

Our Floor Project

Since we first bought this house back in 2005, we've talked about refinishing our wood floors.  Finally, the time has come, and it's done!  The house feels bigger, cleaner, and like it got back some of its charm.

Before:





 
 
 During:




There were some surprise along the way:

Four layers of linoleum in the kitchen!
 

Missing planks in the bathroom due to water damage before we moved in. (Tile it is, but a rug will have to do for now.)
 

After:
The only room that is actually totally finished is the guest bedroom. 


 But here's a sneak peek:

 
Coming Soon... 

The main stairs are 95% done, and I'll definitely share photos -- just can't commit to a runner, which needs to happen soon before one of us kills ourselves going down them.

The office gets new quarter round and a fresh coat of paint on the baseboards.

The living room and hallway get painted baseboards (slowly but surely...it's a tedious process).

Since I just can't leave well enough alone, I pulled the nasty, dirty carpet off the stairs to the garage and into the basement.  The top half will get new treads and painted risers.  The entryway will get tile, and the bottom half will get carpet when we get around to re-carpeting the basement.  Maybe, just maybe, even a railing!

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, I didn't realize how many rooms you were doing. That is a HUGE project! It looks amazing and now I want them in my house. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete