Friday, September 28, 2012

I Just Hemmed My Jeans, And Not in That Dorky Way Your Mom Did

What?  I just hemmed my own jeans.  Without a sewing machine!  Sitting on my couch!

I bought this pair of jeans on clearance for like $10, but they were too long.  Like, hanging over the heal of my tennis shoes or heals too long.  Tripping over them long.

Since I spent so little on them, I figured this was a good time to give this tutorial a try.  What's the worst that can happen?  I ruin a pair of $10 jeans.  I puncture myself trying to poke a needle through the thick hem of a jean.  I get angry and give up.  That's the worst that could have happen.

But it did not!  It took me a total of about 90 minutes.  If I had a sewing a machine, it would have taken about 20 minutes.

Look and be impressed.

I always forget to take a photo of the project before.  So, here is one at the halfway point.  Leg in front has been hemmed; leg in back has not.

And here they are all finished!  I have to say, I am pretty impressed with myself.






1 comment:

  1. Nice work! I'm super impressed that it was done without a sewing machine. Pat yourself on the back, that's not an easy task!

    ReplyDelete